Organic oats and nut butter – undoubtedly two of the greatest breakfast heroes! Here we’ve combined them with extra nuts, golden sultanas and coconut to make a tasty, energy-packed granola.
You could really use any nuts (think pecans or macadamias) or add a different combination of dried fruit at the end. Makes 8-10 servings.
250g Eden Valley Organic Porridge Oats
100g ground almonds
100g walnut halves or walnut pieces
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
4 heaped tbsp nut butter (any nut and crunchy or smooth – we used Whole Earth Smooth Organic Peanut Butter)
6 tbsp maple syrup
150g golden sultanas
50g desiccated coconut
1. Pre-heat your oven to 160C.
2. In a large mixing bowl add the oats, nuts and wet ingredients, and mix well.
3. Tip the granola onto a large baking sheet and spread evenly.
4. Bake for about 25 minutes (or until lightly golden brown).
5. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
6. Once cooled, mix in the sultanas and desiccated coconut.
7. Serve however you like – with plain yoghurt and fruit, with milk, as a topping to stewed fruit, or straight out of the container!
8. Store in an airtight container. Homemade granola should keep for up to a month (if it lasts that long!).