A quick and easy recipe as no baking required. Also very convenient as everything is usually in the larder.
4 oz butter
2 table spoons golden syrup
8 oz rolled oats
3 oz glace cherries
4 oz dates
2 oz raisins
Milk or dark chocolate for topping
- Melt butter and syrup in pan.
- Add oats to pan.
- Chop dates and cherries into small chunks and stir with the raisins into the oat mixture.
- Press firmly into an 8 inch baking tin.
- Melt chocolate in a bowl above water and spread evenly over the mixture.
- Leave to set then cut into bars and enjoy!