A herby, tangy vegetarian burger with plenty of goodness from beetroot, carrot and organic porridge oats!
We tried ours in a crusty bun with chilli jam, sour cream and lettuce, but you could experiment with other toppings like guacamole or maybe mayo with some pesto swirled through it.
250g raw beetroot, grated weight (about two beetroot)
250g raw carrot, grated weight (about two carrots)
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbsp olive oil
3 eggs, lightly beaten
200g Eden Valley Organic Porridge Oats
200g feta cheese
1 handful fresh basil, finely chopped
1 handful fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
Makes around 8 burgers
1. Grate the beetroot and carrot by hand or in a food processor.
2. Mix the beetroot, carrot, garlic, onion, eggs and olive oil in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add the oats and mix well, then add the feta cheese and herbs, season with salt and pepper, and stir to combine.
4. Cover the bowl and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
5. When you’re ready to cook, preheat the oven to 180C.
6. Take the burger mixture out of the fridge and divide into 8 balls, then form into burger shapes with your hands.
6. Add a little oil to a large non stick frying pan at medium to high heat. When the oil is sizzling, fry add the burgers and fry for 2 minutes on each side, until they are starting to get a bit crispy and golden.
7. Transfer to a baking tray and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and serve.